A lot of crappy stuff happened this week. Here a few actually good things from the last few days that might lift your spirits and put a smile on your face.
1. Erica Maison surprised her trans daughter, Corey, with her first dose of hormones, something she's been waiting over two years for. (Buzzfeed)
2. Stephanie Arne, host of the TV show "Wild Kingdom," got swarmed by baby otters and it was cutest thing ever. (Facebook)
3. A total stranger helped out an exhausted mom flying solo with her fussy, crying infant. Relying on the kindness of strangers is real, and it's beautiful. (HelloGiggles)
4. Brooklyn's Gowanus Canal — a Superfund site and one of the most polluted waterways in the US — just got "a plant-filled, pollution-combating, floating island." (Fast Company)
5. After trying to have children for 17 years (four miscarriages, one stillborn birth), Dana Griffin-Graves surprised her husband Arkell with the news that she was five months pregnant with a boy. His reaction will have you reaching for the tissues, in a good way. (YouTube)
6. In a story straight out of a fairy tale, this photo of a 10-year-old boy leading a blind deer to grass for breakfast has gone viral due to the selfless, kind-hearted nature of the gesture. (AOL)