Say Hello To Sunday With A Chai-Spiced Breakfast
I love waking up to a mug of hot chai tea, don't you? The only thing better than a cup of chai tea is a plate of chai-spiced pancakes.
The aroma of the chai spices is warming, comforting, yet stimulating — the perfect way to start your day. These pancakes are totally guilt-free: no added sugar, no gluten, no dairy, and no eggs.
Serve drizzled with maple syrup or a date caramel sauce (as pictured).
Vegan Chai-Spiced Buckwheat Pancakes
- 1 cup water
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate (baking) soda
- 2 teaspoons chai spice mix OR ½ teaspoon each cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and ¼ teaspoon each nutmeg and cloves
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Optional: sweetener to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, blend until smooth.
2. Preheat a nonstick (I use cast-iron) frying pan over low-medium heat. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto the pan for each pancake.
3. Fry for about 3 minutes, or until the top has dried out. Flip the pancakes and fry for another 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Photo courtesy of the author
And do you want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.