1. A new ancestral species of human lineage was discovered in South African cave.
Before there was paleo, there was Homo naledi. (NYT)
2. This is the year we got serious about climate change.
Maybe the planet isn't doomed after all?! (NY Mag)
3. Excess weight over age 50 is linked to Alzheimer's.
Researchers found that "B.M.I., or body mass index, at age 50 was associated with a 6.7-month decrease in the age of onset of Alzheimer’s." (NYT)
4. California moves to protect consumers from Monsanto's GMO weed killer.
California officials want to add glyphosate, the main chemical ingredient in Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide, to the state’s official list of known carcinogens. (EWG)
5. This artist turned mental health into magic.
Artist Toby Allen's drawings of monsters show what it really feels like to live with disorders such as anxiety or anorexia. (MTV)
6. Why runners get slower with age ...
The good news is that strength training can help. (NYT)
7. Alyssa Milano speaks out about breastfeeding.
"Everyone's fine with [Miley Cyrus'] nipples being out, but if I post a picture of me breastfeeding it's like, you know, craziness." (HuffPo)
8. Go inside the holistic skincare sanctuary that's luring the fashion world.
Jewelry designer Pamela Love takes you inside Manhattan's JustBe. (Racked)
9. Georgia girl gets life-saving fecal transplant.
The transplant saved the life of four-year-old Avery Lee, who was diagnosed with Clostridium difficile, or C. diff, in January 2014. (Fox News)
10. Lululemon exceeds profit numbers.
New tank tops and floral bottoms boosted sales last quarter. (BoF)
11. Misty Copeland stars in new documentary called A Ballerina's Tale.
"I don't think that the classical ballet world will ever accept me. I'm black. I have a large chest. I'm muscular," says Misty. (The Cut)
12. Jennifer Lawrence opens up about dealing with anxiety and public scrutiny.
"I find a certain peace by thinking of me in public as sort of an avatar self. You out there can have the avatar me. I can keep me. And I just try to acknowledge that this scrutiny is stressful, and that anyone would find it stressful. So I’ve got to try to let it go, and try to be myself, and focus on important things, like picking up dog poop." - Jennifer Lawrence (NYT)