7 Things You Need To Know Today (September 10)
1. McDonald's will shift to cage-free eggs.
The company uses four percent of the eggs produced in America annually (2 billion eggs per year!) and with only 10 percent of the egg supply being cage-free, the transition could take up to 10 years. (NYT)
2. Brooklyn is getting a vegan cheese shop.
3. Silicon Valley is ready to take on immortality.
“Death will eventually be reduced from a mystery to a solvable problem,” says entrepreneur and investor, Peter Thiel. (Bloomberg)
4. The next generation Prius has been revealed.
The iconic hybrid is getting a facelift and will get 55 miles per gallon, up from 50 miles per gallon. (Fast Co. Exist)
5. Ronda Rousey talks body image and the pressure to be sexy.
"I've never been happier with how I look," says the MMA fighter. (Elle)
6. Pippa Middleton finishes 47-mile swim-run race.
The royal relative completed a 10K ocean swim and 40.3-mile run and said it was "one of the hardest things I've ever done." (Runner's World)
7. Derek Lam and Athleta marry fashion and fitness with new collaboration.
"Fashion brands have been falling all over themselves to snatch a piece of the growing market for stylish athleticwear (aka athleisure), but it's not as easy as just throwing a few leggings into a line and hoping people wear them to SoulCycle. A new collaboration between Derek Lam and Athleta, launching Wednesday, should be an example to fashion brands looking to get athleisure right." - Cheryl Wiscchhover (Fashionista)