5 Things You Need To Know Today (September 4)

1. Cindy Crawford says the image of her that was reportedly untouched was, in fact, touched and leaked.

"Despite feeling hurt that the image was altered and leaked, she is happy that it’s had a positive effect on women’s lives." (Jezebel)

2. There are 3 trillion trees on earth!

It's actually great news, as it's seven times more than scientists previously thought. (NYT)

3. Get ready for the fall cookbooks.

From local and regional to restaurant books, find out everything that's going on in the world of fall cookbooks. (Eater)

4. These solar houses from the future are pretty awesome.

"From aquaponic gardens to wrap-around solar panels, today's college students are envisioning the future of sustainable building." (Fast Co. Exist)

5. Emma Thompson on feminism.

“I’ve been a card-carrying, radical feminist since I was 19. Most women who I would want to listen to wouldn’t have any problem at all with the word feminist. It’s bizarre. Any woman who says they’re not a feminist is basically saying that they don’t believe in equal rights for women... Any woman who says, ‘I hate my bum, I hate my body,’ is essentially expressing a kind of misogyny. All women who come up with that need to think very carefully about what it is they’re saying. Including me!” — Emma Thompson (Vulture)

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!