7 Things You Need To Know Today (September 2)
1. Amazon wants to deliver farmers' produce straight to your door.
And the food will arrive within 36 hours of harvest! (Eater)
2. Paris is going car-free for one day in September.
It's happening on Sunday, September 27th, in an attempt to clean up the city's air. And to prepare for a climate conference. (Fast Co. Exist)
3. Plastic is a growing threat to seabirds.
“It’s an indicator that our world is literally getting clogged by plastic,” says marine biologist Boris Worm. (NY Times)
4. Men and women process language differently because of testosterone.
A study suggests that the hormone plays a part in how men and women speak differently. (The Atlantic)
5. Lululemon had a massive legging overhaul.
It's a whole new world of yoga pant possibilities. Get ready for new fabrics, new silhouettes and new styles. (Racked)
6. The New York Times just gave two stars to a vegetarian burger joint!
Everyone is talking about Superiority Burger in NYC. Despite the name, nothing on the menu contains meat. (Grub Street)
7. Kit Kats will soon be made with sustainable chocolate.
"In addition to using more sustainable ingredients, Nestlé will eliminate fake flavorings and colorings from all of its chocolate candy products." (Eater)