4 Celebrity Quotes on Meditation

Our friend, David Lynch, and his foundation which promotes Transcendental Meditation were featured in the NY Times yesterday. We love David's organization, specifically their involvement with veterans, so we were thrilled.

Also in the article were some testimonials from celebrities who either practice TM or meditation. Here are four of our favorites:

1. "Transcendental Meditation has been incredibly valuable to me both in my recovery as a drug addict and in my personal life, my marriage, my professional life. I literally had an idea drop into my brain the other day while I was meditating which I think is worth millions of dollars." -- Russell Brand

2. "It’s like, imagine the ripples on top of an ocean. And I’m in a rowboat, reactively dealing with the waves and water coming into my boat. What I need to do is dive into the deeper solace, the calmness beneath the surface." -- Dr. Oz

3. "Transcendental Meditation has given me a perspective on agitation...That it’s a temporary state of mind and I don’t necessarily need to take it that seriously. I used to think that TM was for weird old hippies...But then I heard that David Lynch was involved, and that made me curious." -- Moby, who credits TM with helping hit quit drinking a year ago.

4. "It helps me chill out and focus." -- Susan Sarandon (who meditates but does not specifically practice TM)

Which of the four quotes is your favorite?

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!