8 Things You Need To Know Today (August 26)
1. Is "beauty tea" trending?
Not just any tea, beauty tea ... Get ready for the teatox. (Vogue)
2. There's a vegan renaissance happening in LA right now.
"If you asked me, I think you should be eating veggie burgers," says California Governor Jerry Brown. (LA Times)
3. Harvard Medical School has a list of the top foods to eat for vision.
Brussels sprouts made the list! (Harvard)
4. Hawaii's spike in birth defects puts focus on GMOs.
It's particularly bad in Kauai. (Guardian)
5. This startup wants to get the world hooked on quinoa.
Eatsa's fast-casual quinoa-based concept is scheduled to open any day in San Francisco. (Fast Co. Exist)
6. There might be a kale crisis!
A dry summer and an EU ban on pesticides mean that the future's not looking rosy for the world's trendiest leafy green. (Guardian)
7. FDA rules vegan mayo can't be called mayo.
Hampton Creek loses their battle, but will they win the war? (TIME)
8. Stephen Colbert opens up about why he is driven by gratitude.
“Acceptance is not defeat. Acceptance is just awareness. You gotta learn to love the bomb. Boy, did I have a bomb when I was 10. That was quite an explosion. And I learned to love it. ... That might be why you don't see me as someone angry and working out my demons onstage. It's that I love the thing that I most wish had not happened.” — Stephen Colbert on losing his father and brothers in a plane crash at age 10. (GQ)
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.