7 Things You Need To Know Today (August 24)
1. Target is ditching hot dogs and nachos for salads and juice!
They're testing these new healthier cafes in fourteen markets. (USA Today)
2. Stress leads to terrible food choices.
A study suggests the greater the stress, the greater the chance of making poor food choices. (NYT)
3. Men take breakups harder than we think.
Breakups actually hit men harder than women according to a new study. (Washington Post)
4. Overwork doesn't work.
So why do we keep on doing it? (HBR)
5. Friendship fights depression.
A new study suggests healthy moods are contagious among friend groups. (The Atlantic)
6. How the social mission of Ben & Jerry's survived despite being gobbled up.
The company is having more of a social impact than ever before because of it's increased size. (NYT)
7. Step inside Alanis Morissette's meditation room.
“It’s kind of where I go to tune in to emotions, get divine messages through prayer. I do my gratitude lists in there. I carve out different goals, I journal, I read, I listen to meditation — I do all my practices in there.” - Alanis Morissette on her meditation room where she spends anywhere from 30 seconds to an hour. (People)
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.