The Only Thing You Need to Spiritually Cleanse Your Home
Many years ago, in Puerto Rico, I discovered a wonderful bark that has been used for centuries in South America for its energy cleansing qualities and healing properties. Now it’s becoming more popular in the rest of the world.
This bark is called palo santo, which is Spanish for "holy wood." Palo santo is a South American tree that many consider mystical. It’s of the same family as Frankincense and Myrrh. It is also a member of the citrus family and closely related to lemon, pine and mint plants.
Palo santo is often used in the same way as sage or cedar to energetically cleanse, restore and replenish. The bark has been burned safely for centuries in spiritual and religious rituals, as it's known to bring clarity while keeping energies grounded. The smoke that emanates form the bark is fresh, pleasant and easier to handle for those with sensitivities, or who can’t handle the strong scent of sage.
Here are some things you should know about palo santo:
1. The bark is extracted only after the tree dies a natural death (80-90 years).
It is then left untouched for five to 20 years to complete its life cycle and allow its medicinal and mystical properties to emanate.
2. Its scent has uplifting properties.
These allow you to raise your vibration and build a deeper connection with the universe during meditation and prayer.
3. It helps increase the sense of peace and tranquility.
The shamans and spiritual leaders of South America also believe that Palo Santo can enhance creativity and bring good fortune.
5. The palo santo essential oil is considered anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial.
It can be used with a base oil in massages to reduce muscle and joint pain and inflammation.
6. There may be more benefits to using palo santo.
Clinical studies are being conducted to determine the anti-cancerous properties of this mystical bark and the compound d-limonene, which is available in high dosages in palo santo.
You can easily order palo santo online. Here is the easiest and safest way to use palo santo to clear the energy of your home or work space:
- Burn one to two sticks at a time. Hold the bark at 45-degree angle and ignite the sticks. Let them burn for 45 seconds then blow out and allow the smoke to spread.
- Close all doors and windows to keep as much of the smoke indoors.
- Set your intentions for the energy clearing of your home. Recite your favorite prayers, mantras and/or chants out loud.
- Move around your space (including bathrooms, kitchen and dens). Place close attention to the windows, door entrances, pipes and any other areas with access to the outside of the home/space.
- When done, place the remaining stick in a fire-proof bowl (metal or clay) and leave to smoke in a safe area (away from loose fabrics or furniture) overnight.
- In the morning, open all doors and windows, to allow the excess of smoke (shouldn’t be too much) to take away any lingering heavy or negative energy.
Want to learn more about how your health stems from one of the most important rooms in your home, the kitchen? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.