5 Things You Need To Know Today (August 19)
1. Your vacation says a lot about you.
Introverts prefer the mountains while extroverts prefer the beach. (NYT)
2. Airstreams are cool again.
Even Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh is now living in one. (Bloomberg)
3. These are the 10 best places to start a business.
Texas is the best state and Manchester, NH is the best city. (Inc.)
4. Local community saves 5-year-old's birthday party when no one shows up.
This story will warm your heart. (Mashable)
5. Soylent has a heavy metal problem.
"At 0.41 pounds per cubic inch, lead is among the heaviest of metals, and eating too much of it can give you nerve damage, hearing loss, and poor muscle coordination. And a few milligrams a day of cadmium can do major damage to your kidneys, but a brick of it glistens like a pair of black leather pants. Fuck yeah." - Nick Stockton's humorous take on Soylent's heavy metal problem. (Wired)