1. The U.K. is testing electric highways that can charge your car while driving.
Yes, you read that right. (Fast Co. Exist)
2. Microbes could help your mind.
Could your gut bacteria hold the cure for Alzheimer's? (Daily Beast)
3. China wants nothing to do with America's drug-filled pork.
Ouch. (Grub Street)
4. There's a t-shirt that can tell if you're dehydrated.
It changes colors. (Fast Co. Exist)
5. Are underwater balloons the future of sustainable farming?
They're currently testing basil, lettuce, and strawberries. (GOOD)
6. This is what happens to your body when you stop exercising.
Even if you take a break from exercising, you should still do something. (io9)
7. Stress is terrible for your brain.
“Primates are super smart and organized just enough to devote their free time to being miserable to each other and stressing each other out. But if you get chronically, psychosocially stressed, you’re going to compromise your health. So, essentially, we’ve evolved to be smart enough to make ourselves sick.” - Robert Sapolsky, Stanford University neuroscientist (Salon)
Photo Credit: Shutterstock