1. NBC has picked up a pilot executive-produced by Tina Fey and Robert Carlock (30 Rock, Kimmy Schmidt).
The as-yet untitled series was written by The Mindy Project's Tracey Wigfield and centers on the challenges of a mother-daughter dynamic when a New Jersey helicopter mom goes to work at her daughter’s workplace, a cable news network.
2. These incredible parents are making a visual bucket list for their daughter who's going blind.
5 year-old Lizzy Myers is losing her vision, slowly, and she doesn't know it yet. Her parents plan to tell her when she's older, but in the meantime, they're focused on cramming as much of the world's beauty as possible “into her beautiful little mind." That means rainbows, sunrises, museums, and zoos. Let's just say, they won't be letting her miss out on anything, if they can help it.
3. This barber with the right idea gave free haircuts to over 100 kids who read him stories.
In preparation for the beginning of the school year, this barber offered free cuts to any kid who read him a story. He even helped them sound out the words they didn't know. Talk about a local hero.
4. LeBron James is sending 1,100 kids to college.
The LeBron James Family Foundation helps kids from 3rd to 7th grade. Now, the foundation has announced that it will cover the full amount of tuition at the University of Akron in Ohio. That amounts to $9,500 per year, which is no small financial commitment. The total cost of four years of tuition for 1,100 kids would be $41.8 million, or two seasons of Lebron's pay with the Cavaliers.
5. This kickass guitar player created an acoustic version of the Game of Thrones theme song.