8 Things You Need To Know Today (August 14)
1. Potatoes, please?!
Research suggests that our brains might need carbs. (NYT)
2. Ultimate frisbee might become an Olympic sport.
Did you know that 7.5 million people worldwide play disc sports? (New Yorker)
3. We've already used up a year of earth's resources in just eight months.
We are already in "ecological debt" for the year. Not good. (Guardian)
4. Inside the brains of happily married couples.
A study suggests positivity plays a large role. (Science of Us)
5. Dieting is over.
Insight into the Weight Watchers empire and the overall decline of dieting. (Racked)
6. Eco-friendly funerals are a thing.
Natural burials were standard before the civil war and they've since disappeared ... until now. (Hopes and Fears)
7. Science has good news for those who don't want kids.
It makes you happier. (mic)
8. Just do it!
“Just be empowered to do that hard thing in your life…however low you are, wherever you are, there’s someone out there that loves you and there’s someone out there that can support you and there’s a way to climb out of it.” - James "Iron Cowboy" Lawrence on completing 50 Ironmans in 50 days in 50 states. (Rich Roll podcast)