10 Things You Need To Know Today (August 10)
1. Pear juice is the new hangover helper.
Scientists say the trick is to drink pear juice before you start drinking alcohol. (Grub Street)
2. Patagonia launches jeans.
They're 100% organic cotton, fair trade certified, and use environmentally friendly dye. (LA Times)
3. Climate change may develop faster than scientists have predicted.
Apparently the worst impacts of climate change are actually starting to happen, and will only get worse. (Rolling Stone)
4. The outdoor industry has a millennial problem.
Gear has become so specialized that it can be intimidating for newbies. (Outside)
5. Target is phasing out gender-based signage.
There's been an outpouring of support since the announcement. (Racked)
6. More companies are bringing yoga and meditation into the office.
Google, General Mills and Pandora are just a few of the companies realizing the benefits. (CNBC)
7. The line is already out the door at new NYC vegan eatery, CHLOE.
Quinoa taco salad? Guac burger? Yes, please! (Observer)
8. Science says women deal with breakups differently than men.
Women hurt more, but recover more quickly. (Hello Giggles)
9. Positive (and negative) attitudes in the office can be contagious.
Gratitude can lead the way for positivity, while envy can kill it. (Fast Company)
10. Boxing is making a comeback.
“Boxing gyms train people to be fighters. We just said: Why not turn that on its head? Because 99.9 percent of the population doesn’t ever want to fight, but they would love to, if given the opportunity, hit something. Everyone wants to hit something.” - Shadowbox NYC founder Daniel Glazer on the rise of fitness-centric boxing. (NYT)
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.