1. Even chimps are detoxing.
Their detox involves eating clay. I wonder if that's happening in Venice yet? (Mental Floss)
2. Man runs 81 miles on a treadmill and sets world record.
He said he didn't get bored, which might be even more impressive than the record. (Yahoo!)
3. There's a Ronda Rousey movie coming out.
Here's what you can expect. (USA Today)
4. Firefighter with ALS crosses finish line after 2 hours, 1.5 miles.
Two years earlier, he ran the the same 5k course in 22 minutes. (Runner's World)
5. Athleta setting up shop in Soho.
Their grand opening is today and they'll be having fitness classes! (The New York Exclusive)
6. The Navy is revisiting fitness guidelines
They're actually increasing body fat limits and looking to help those struggling with weight. (USA Today)
7. Jeb Bush is loving Paleo.
Jeb has lost more than 40 lbs and is going strong. (Vanity Fair)
8. Your gut is telling you what to eat.
But you're probably not listening. (Vox)
9. Eminem was a pill addict; now he's a fitness addict.
"Unless I was blitzed out of my mind, I had trouble sleeping. So I started running. It gave me a natural endorphin high, but it also helped me sleep, so it was perfect. It's easy to understand how people replace addiction with exercise. One addiction for another, but one that's good for them. I got an addict's brain, and when it came to running, I think I got a little carried away. I became a f**king hamster." - Eminem talks openly about ballooning to 230 lbs and overcoming his pill addiction through fitness. (Men's Journal)