1. Perdue sharply cuts antibiotic use in chickens.
More than half of its chicken is labeled “no antibiotics ever,” a first for a major poultry company. (NYT)
2. The Chicago Bears go vegan!
Well, maybe one player at a time. David Carter, aka "The 300lb vegan" just signed with the Chicago Bears. (VegNews)
3. Perfectionism isn't good for you.
A new study suggests it leads to stress, burnout, and potential health risks. (Science Daily)
4. If your child is a picky eater, you might have bigger problems.
A new study suggests picky eating can be linked to ADHD, anxiety, and depression. Feels like a stretch; maybe picky eating kids just have good taste?! (NYT)
5. Ariana Grande loves vegan cupcakes.
So much so that she buys 100 at a time. (NY Post)
6. Soylent 2.0 is here, and it's made from algae.
Preorders went live yesterday and it'll cost you $29. (The Verge)
7. Spinach makes you feel full and curbs cravings.
Apparently it's all about the spinach extract. Does this mean we'll be seeing spinach pills in the future? (Science Daily)
8. Attitudes on sex are changing.
"A new brand of sexual freedom will incorporate the right not to do it as much as the right to do it. What I'd really like to see is a world in which people aren't shamed for liking nonconventional sex acts, for being kinky or polyamorous, for being vanilla and monogamous, for being a virgin, for having sex once and then going months or years without having it again. Basically, I'd like to see the weight attached to sex lightened so we could make the choices that are actually right for us." - Rachel Hills, author of The Sex Myth talking to the Chicago Tribune about the changing perception of sex among millennials.