8 Things You Need To Know Today (August 3)
1. Ronda Rousey is unstoppable.
She adds another knockout win this weekend — in just 34 seconds. (WSJ)
2. They have vegetable vending machines in France.
And they might save the farming industry there. (Munchies)
3. Laird Hamilton saved Lena Dunham from a stand up paddle-board disaster.
The photo says it all. (Instagram)
4. There's a reason we crave comfort food.
A recent study suggests our past positive social experiences are to blame. (TIME)
5. This Australian billionaire is getting rich off America's trash.
Pratt Industries is the only big player using 100% recycled paper in the $35 billion corrugated packing industry. (Forbes)
6. Cat yoga is a thing.
Here's what it's like to go to a "cat yoga" class. (The Cut)
7. World population expected to reach 9.7 billion by 2050.
We're currently at 7.3 billion. Most of the increase will happen in Africa, then Asia. (National Geographic)
8. Almost 13% of Americans suffer from phobias and they affect the toughest of people.
"It was just like going to war. I thought, this is going to suck, but I had to do it." - Joe McCauley, a 38-year-old veteran who served multiple tours in Afghanistan and Iraq on finally overcoming his fear of swimming. (LA Times)