13 Things You Need To Know Today (July 31)
1. Music can make you orgasm.
Yes, and it's called a "skin orgasm." (Science of Us)
2. Meet the woman who Miranda Kerr and Tilda Swinton turn to for their eco-beautiful makeup.
Get to know Rose-Marie Swift, the woman behind RMS Beauty. (Racked)
3. There's a new vending machine that will deny you snacks based upon your medical records.
And there's also a supermarket store entirely powered on food waste. (Springwise)
4. Lena Dunham goes from jogging hater to lover.
And she of course has a hilarious spin on her jogging metamorphosis. (Instagram)
5. There's an olive oil shortage.
The result is that the price of Spanish olive oil is at its highest point since 2006. (TIME)
6. Astronauts are running kombucha experiments in space.
Yes, this is really a thing. (iO9)
7. Athletes in next year's Summer Olympics will be swimming and boating in seriously contaminated waters.
It might be even worse than Brooklyn's infamously contaminated Gowanus Canal. (Yahoo!)
8. The Empire State Building is shining a light on endangered species.
9. In Japan, tomato burgers are all the rage.
Gluten-free gets creative as MOS Burger loses the bun and adds the tomato in Japan. (Grub Street)
10. SoulCycle is going public and they did $112 million in revenue in 2014.
They just filed for an IPO. (Bloomberg)
11. Hippies are making a comeback.
Is California's Mercado Sobrago event the new Woodstock? (Racked)
12. You might be doing HIIT all wrong.
Researchers might have figured out how to make high-intensity interval training more effective and fun. (NYT)
13. Ellen DeGeneres is awesome.
"I know from my own experience that nothing makes you feel better than being who you are and celebrating what makes you unique. I think if we shine a light on real girls doing incredible things, that'll encourage other girls and boys to do incredible things, and that'll encourage even more people to do incredible things, and eventually the world will be a more incredibler place." - Ellen DeGeneres on her new collaboration with GapKidsX to encourage girls to embrace their individuality (Vogue)
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.