10 Things You Need To Know Today (July 27)

1. Can you say 50 Ironmans in 50 states in 50 days?!!!

James Lawrence, aka "Iron Cowboy" (pictured above), set a world record by completing 50 Ironmans in 50 states in 50 days! (Fox)

2. There's an internal battle at Newman's Own Organic.

Since Paul Newman passed away in 2008, things haven't been pretty over at Newman's Own. (Vanity Fair)

3. You might want to reach out to your ex.

Couples that rekindled their romance later in life have a higher chance of succeeding. (CBS News)

4. Misty!

Misty Copeland talks to Charlie Rose about overcoming adversity and becoming the best. (Charlie Rose)

5. There's a great organization you probably don't know about.

Barbara Bush's Global Health Corps is doing some pretty awesome work. (NYT)

6. Watch out, Starbucks ...

Bulletproof Coffee opens its first location in Santa Monica. (Bulletproof)

7. Americans are finally eating less!

And drinking 25% less soda, plus more fun ways our food habits are changing. (NYT)

8. In celebrity wellness ...

Gisele not only has a pretty darn good downward dog, she also has a new yoga partner! (Instagram)

9. The CrossFit games wrapped up last night.

Katrin Davidsdottir is the "fittest woman on earth," and Ben Smith is the fittest man. And Rich Froning still kicks ass! (CrossFit)

10. Owning the best vegetarian restaurant in NYC isn't glamorous.

"Gambling on yourself is not glamorous. It's nauseating. I was breaking down in tears on the way home every night. I couldn't sleep. I was throwing up from stress. I was rehearsing the speech I'd give my staff when we closed. My husband was telling me I needed to get on medication or he was leaving." - Amanda Cohen, the chef/owner of NYC's famous Dirt Candy, in possibly one of the best pieces ever written on being a restaurant owner (Eater)

Photo courtesy of IronCowboy.co

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!