9 Things You Need To Know Today (July 21)
1. Women's Running just made magazine history by featuring plus-size model Erica Schenk on its cover, in an effort to fight off the misconception that all runners are skinny. We hope other magazines begin to acknowledge that fitness enthusiasts come in all shapes and sizes. (Business Insider)
2. We can officially add Cuba to our travel bucket list: After 54 years of hostile relations, USA and Cuba have reopened their embassies in both nations. (Buzzfeed News)
3. Think your selfie game is on point? Two New Hampshire sisters set out to take selfies with every one of the aspiring presidential candidates and succeeded. (TIME)
4. This past Sunday almost 13,000 people gathered in the streets of Mandaluyong, Philippines for what would be the largest Zumba class ever held, breaking all previous records and proving people are happiest when they are shaking their hips in unison. Read the story here.
5. Aw, sad! Country stars Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton have filed for divorce after four years of marriage. (The Associated Press)
6. Animal lovers rejoice! JFK airport is building a luxury animal terminal for pets to relax pre-flight. The terminal will include climate control stalls with showers, doggie hotel suites that include flat-screen TV's and even massage therapy and pawdicures. (Yahoo! News)
7. Finally! Instagram's website has updated its search features making it easier to search for images through hashtags, keywords and locations. (Mashable)
8. Another victory for LGBTQ: NBC News has appointed Thomas Roberts their newest night news anchor, making Roberts the first openly gay news anchor to host a nightly news show and NBC the first American news network to sit a gay man in the anchor desk. (The Huffington Post)
9. A dating website called Ashley Madison, which helps married people cheat on their spouses, has recently been hacked. Time to add "fidelity police" to the Internet's resume. (TIME)
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.