"Appreciate the moment.” “Tell those you love that you care about them.” Yeah, we all know these things are important, but they're such clichés that, at this point, we don't even really hear the words. They're white noise.
But time keeps passing whether we're aware of it or not. Recently, my brother's dog passed away suddenly, and it had the effect of making everyone around him reflect on what really matters to us.
There is no reason to wait for a loved one to die to start thinking about how precious life is, or to focus on sucking the marrow out of every day. In the spirit of making every day the best it can be, I’ve created a list of easy things anyone can do to enjoy life more, right now.
1. Don't compare yourself to anyone else.
2. Trust your instincts.
3. Raise your standards.
4. Be the first to forgive.
5. Drink more water.
6. Appreciate the journey as much as the destination.
7. Smile at strangers.
8. Do something unexpected and sweet for a loved one.
9. Find a form of exercise you love — and do it!
10. Lighten up. Laugh at yourself more. Oscar Wilde said, "Life is far too important to be taken seriously."
11. Try new things. And be gentle with yourself during the learning process.
12. Love more, and without expectation.
13. Ask what you can give instead of what you can get.
14. Stop worrying. Instead, turn to faith and believe everything will work out.
15. Say yes.
17. Go outside.
18. Speak kindly to yourself.
19. Be happy for the success of others, and act like it. It takes nothing away from you.
20. Stop trying so hard. Just be. You are enough exactly as you are.
In order to be your best self in your relationships—whether it's with a friend, family member, or partner—you need to FEEL your best, inside and out. Ready to learn more about how to become your most vibrant self? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.