2009 Holiday Gift Guide: Green

From lucky bamboo, to organic shirts, to eco-denim, there's something for everyone -- at every budget -- on the MBG GREEN Holiday Gift Guide.

ADVERTISEMENT

2009 Holiday Gift Guide: Green Hero Image
Each Sound Dock is hand-crafted and takes more than a week to make. Made from bamboo, this iPod dock and sound system is "designed to fit the smallest space, but fill the largest room." New Year's party, anyone? $179.95
Give the gift of prosperity via feng shui with these seven lucky bamboo stalks that sit in black river stones. It goes great in the office-in fact, I'm staring at mine while I write this review. $29.95
When I first saw this hoodie while visiting PlayBack's office right here in Brooklyn, it was love at first sight. I'm not alone, as celebs like Bono, Adrian Grenier, and the cast of Gossip Girl have all been seen sporting these stylish hoodies, made from recycled bottles. $55

ADVERTISEMENT

I own the Think Chair, as it's the perfect blend of eco-friendly material (up to 98 percent recyclable), modern style, and lumbar support. $729
Loomstate's Custody Shirt is another item I happily own. With details like double pockets with Loomstate's signature white buttons, this one is a no-brainer. Did I mention it's made from 100 percent organic cotton? $148
You simply can't go wrong with any of the styles available from J Brand Jeans Green Label collection. It's the same J-Brand fit that Anna Wintour and Rachel Bilson love, but the Green Label jeans are made from certified organic cotton. Prices vary.
Ballerina flats are always in style. Why not go for these, which are cute and eco-friendly? The flats are crafted in Brazil from recycled and recyclable plastic, mold to your feet after just a few wears, and are totally waterproof. Anne Hathaway and Alicia Silverstone are also big fans. $120
If you're going to send out holiday cards (no, it's not too late), then go with an eco-friendly option like Greenerprinter. It's super-easy to customize away on their website, and their service is second to none. Reduce your footprint by sending out postcards instead of cards-there's no waste from the envelopes. I can vouch for them personally, as we printed up our wedding postcards with Greenerprinter. Prices vary.
The mission? Bring safe water and sanitation to developing countries. Damon explains the importance of launching Water.org: "Every 15 seconds, a child in the developing world dies from water-related disease. After visiting project sites in Africa and Asia...I've seen the problem and the impact of safe water."

Explore More