In order to be healthy, you've also got to be calm, and if you're constantly stressing over the healthiest-this or the healthiest-that, guess what? That stress is worse for you than a few toxins.
So. Are you and your home too healthy? See if you can relate to any of the below and then look in the mirror and ask yourself if you might be able to chill out just a smudge more ...
1. The closest thing you have to junk food is chocolate-covered goji berries.
Because one kind of antioxidant just isn't enough.
2. Your microwave is used every single day … as a storage unit.
Nothing keeps gluten-free baked goods as fresh as a vacant microwave.
3. The only alcohol in your home is the rubbing kind.
Your M.O. is "booze on the bruise, not in the belly."
4. You have more than one type of recycling bin (paper, plastic, glass, electronics — duh).
And you may or may not be adding a compost to that list.
5. The only processed soy allowed in your home is a candle.
And it's organic.
6. The only white stuff in your cupboards is a pile of napkins.
Which are probably made from recycled paper.
7. The last time dairy entered your home was so long ago that you can't remember.
But a friend did wear cow socks. And honestly, they made you a little uncomfortable.
8. You can easily pronounce every ingredient in your shampoo and conditioner.
You can probably eat them, too.
9. The closest thing you have to candy is a candy apple. Minus the candy.
Minus the GMOs.
10. Your blender gets way more action than your bed.
Because NOTHING gets you going more than a green smoothie.
11. If you died and someone had to search your pantry, they'd think you're a Mason Jar salesperson.
And you're OK with that.
12. Coconut oil is your everything.
You can't even count the number of ways you use it on your organically nail polished fingers.
13. Your medicine cabinet is huge! Because it's your refrigerator.
After all, food is your medicine.
14. You can't remember the last time you saw your counter without something soaking on it.
It would just feel so naked.
15. It's been so long since you've had processed food that when a house guest brings you a bag of chips you can't even figure out how to open it.
And you're a little proud.
16. When you need to celebrate, you pop kombucha.
It's not a party without probiotics.
17. The only difference between your food and your dog's is that he eats it out of a bowl on the floor.
Because you make his food out of real food.
18. Essential oils are taken literally in your home.
It's essential for them to be in there.
19. You store your brown sugar in your bathroom.
Because it's in your body scrub.
20. Your rule of thumb is: "If it's not fair-trade, it's not displayed."
Who needs guilt?
If you relate to most of the above, two things are true about you. One: you rock! You're so gosh darn healthy. Good for you!
And two: it's OK to chill. You CAN pop an ibuprofen every once in a while. You CAN keep that synthetic candle that your grandma gifted you for your birthday. You CAN eat a bag of air-popped, non-GMO, sea salted popcorn! If you can figure out how to get into it...