5 Times You Shouldn't Even THINK About Compromising

As a yoga teacher, I usually preach and praise flexibility. But underneath the fluidity of movement, there is an equally crucial foundation of strength. Finding the balance between stability and pliability is the crux of a well-rounded yoga practice and a well-rounded life.

Be relentless in your life’s pursuit. It's a disservice to the world not to share your gifts.

With that in mind, here are five areas in which it’s important to be firm and unyielding — except when it isn’t.

1. Your health

Yoga. Green juice. Meditation. Although I believe in moderation, my dedication to living a sustainable, healthy lifestyle is unwavering. I've learned to listen to my body and nurture it with what it needs. You're only given one body, so treat it well.

2. Your career

The best decision I’ve ever made was leaving my corporate job and opening my first yoga studio. I’ve made sacrifices, but I get intense joy from sharing my passion. I’m so grateful for all that I have, I aspire to make an even bigger impact. Be relentless in your life’s pursuit. It's a disservice to the world not to share your gifts.

3. Your core beliefs

Respect. Integrity. Loyalty. These are some of the most important values I have. Do what is right. Be valiant for the truth. If you don't have conviction in your values, no one else will.

Be steadfast in your strength. Only in this way can you share your full potential with the world.

4. Your faith

When I'm unsure which path to take, I stop and ask for guidance. The connection to my higher power leads the way. Anything I put before my spiritual path, I will lose. So, instead of yielding to my ego and fear, I choose faith. Find faith in something more powerful than your own strength.

5. Your relationships

My family and friends are my world. Keep your loved ones close, sacrificing for them when necessary, and leaning on them for support. Relationships are what make life worth living.

There will be times when compromise is necessary. The trick is knowing when to stand strong, unswerving, and when to yield. Learn to recognize the difference between making room for other perspectives, and compromising your authentic self.

Be steadfast in your strength. Only in this way can you share your full potential with the world. Continue to collaborate with others, be compassionate and accepting of their views, and have the courage to look fear in the face.

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!