When I first began my weight loss journey, I wanted to feel better about myself and my body. I noticed how bad I felt whenever I believed negative thoughts about myself, so I challenged myself to only pay attention to the thoughts that made me feel good.
And then one day, this sentence popped into my head: I'm a lean, mean, fat-fighting machine. As silly as this phrase is, I liked how it sounded and it made me laugh out loud.
I began to use the phrase whenever I felt weak or wanted to go back to my outdated thought patterns. At the time, I didn’t even know what an affirmation was, but I knew that thinking and saying I'm a lean, mean, fat-fighting machine made me feel better.
With every step I took, I repeated it over and over until it was ingrained in my consciousness. With time, my affirmation became a part of my new way of thinking and ultimately shifted the way I saw myself forever.
Now it's time for you to create your own healing affirmations. They should be personal, inspiring and uplifting, and work best when stated in the present tense and repeated regularly. As you begin using your own healing affirmations, it might seem awkward to say them aloud. But I promise that with repetition, they'll help you create a new reality.
Your personal healing affirmation will interrupt old, outdated thought patterns as you shift into a new mindset. When you use your affirmation with confidence and sincerity, you'll begin to attract whatever it is you need to meet your goals and manifest your desires.
To help you on your way, I’ve created a list of 11 healing affirmations that can serve as a guide:
- I am learning how to love my body.
- I feel healthy, focused and determined.
- Making small changes to the way I live is effortless.
- I feel healthier with each day that passes.
- It's possible to live at my desired weight.
- I am strong, fit and beautiful.
- My health and weight are constantly improving.
- I meet each new day with a positive attitude.
- I am confident in my weight loss goals and proud of how far I’ve come.
- Everything I eat heals and nourishes my mind, body and soul.
- I'm a lean, mean, fat-fighting machine. (Ha.)
Understand how powerful your thoughts are and begin to use them to your advantage. Let go of the critical thoughts and replace them with your own kinder ones.
Your mind is extremely powerful and when you use your thoughts to help heal, your weight loss will get easier and you'll be able to create your dream life.
To download the first chapter of Katrina's book for FREE click here now.
Photo Credit: Damien Senn