1. For the socca, combine all ingredients and whisk until well blended. Cover and set aside for at least an hour.
2. For the artichokes, slice approx ¾ inch off the tip of the artichoke, and cut ends of stem. Steam using a steamer basket (or your preferred method) for 20 to 25 minutes, until the artichoke softens. Place immediately in cold water and add juice of half of a lemon. Leave in water while making pesto and socca (so that they don't oxidize).
3. Using the broiler, preheat the oven to 425F/220C. Pour 1 teaspoon oil onto 9-inch cast iron skillet and make sure the bottom and sides of pan are greased. Pour the socca mixture into the pan and broil for approx 10 to 15 minutes, or until top begins to brown slightly. Remove from pan (the socca should come out pretty easy and should not stick) and cut into slices as desired.
4. For the pesto, add the Brazil nuts into a food processor and process for approx 20 seconds. Cut the roots off the ramps (if applicable) and chop. Add ramps and remaining pesto ingredients into food processor and process until desired consistency.
5. To assemble, remove artichokes from water and cut away the leaves (you can eat the meat off the leaves later if you wish), leaving only the heart.
6. Cut the hearts into small pieces. Spread pesto on socca, add the artichoke hearts and microgreens if using.
Photo courtesy of the author