At 92-years-young, B.K.S. Iyengar is a yoga icon to say the least. Here are seven of my favorite quotes from the legendary yogi:
1. "Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open."
2. "Penetration of our mind is our goal, but in the beginning to set things in motion, there is no substitute for sweat."
3. "The highest point of yesterday should be the lowest point of today."
4. "Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured."
5. "Yoga, an ancient but perfect science, deals with the evolution of humanity. This evolution includes all aspects of one's being, from bodily health to self-realization. Yoga means union -- the union of body with consciousness and consciousness with the soul. Yoga cultivates the ways of maintaining a balanced attitude in day-to-day life and endows skill in the performance of one's actions."
6. "When you inhale, you are taking the strength from God. When you exhale, it represents the service you are giving to the world."
7. "Illuminated emancipation, freedom, unalloyed and untainted bliss await you, but you have to choose to embark on the Inward Journey to discover it."
What's your favorite Iyengar quote?
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.