5 Signs You're Ready To Seek Your Higher Purpose

5 Signs You're Ready To Seek Your Higher Purpose Hero Image

I didn’t become a banker to change the world. I became a banker to make money.

It was ultimately the desire to change the world, which never left me over the years, that brought me to my current path.

Looking back on those years of finance studies and corporate ladder escalation, I knew I was supposed to be doing something different. I knew that my big idealist dreams didn’t fit inside a gray cubicle.

If you’re anything like me, you know you’re here on the planet for a specific reason. You have a purpose, as we like to call it. I like to call it your Highest Destiny.

Here’s how you know if you’re a born revolutionary leader:

ADVERTISEMENT

1. You get fired up about the “wrongs” in the world.

Some call you fierce, or a bit “too much.” You stand for something, which means you also stand against things. You live life with great integrity and authenticity and demand it from others.

2. You have a strong desire to help people.

Some people may call you idealistic, but you can’t shake the desire to make the world a better place for future generations. You understand things on a higher conscious level than most people. You have a vision of the way things “should” be. You see the way the world would be better, "if only ..."

3. You have this deep feeling that you’re here to do something BIG on the planet.

You’re not sure where it comes from, but you’ve felt it almost always. Maybe you never allowed yourself to fully acknowledge it until now.

Your soul knows on a very deep, profound level why it chose to incarnate at this time. Yes there’s personal healing that needs to happen, but there’s also your contribution to humanity. You feel it, even if you don’t know exactly what it is yet.

4. You're gifted, but maybe not in a mainstream way, so you’ve doubted yourself.

You might be highly intuitive. You might have tremendous vision. You might be a great connector.

And because you can’t match these gifts with income, you stall, or even worse, you give up.

5. You would do it differently.

No one’s doing it the way you would do it. You feel something is missing from the current state of affairs. You’re an innovator in the truest sense of the word.

You might long to bring a product or service to people’s lives that would change the way we live.

You might want to make healthy food available to low-income families.

You might be here to bring feminine power to business.

You might want to be a champion for women’s equal pay or sustainable energy production.

The problem is that many of our most gifted humans never birth their gift because they're stuck, confused, lost and insecure about the power they hold.

Maybe the issue is that fear still plagues you. Know-how still flusters you. Resistance still runs your life. Your mindset gets clouded. Commitment flounders.

Here’s what to do:

Get clear on what you stand for.

Get clear on who you stand for.

Commit to a strong daily practice of meditation and breath exercises to expand your auric field.

Start by letting your voice be heard — in the workplace, on social media, in your community.

Work with a mentor to craft and clarify your message and get it out into the world.

As we all know, there’s so much work to be done. The world needs you. Acknowledge that you're a leader and own that role as you go out and live your highest destiny.

Photo courtesy of the author

Explore More