9 Simple & Healthy Eating Tips for Weight-Loss
I'm not going to tell you what to eat -- I’m just going to begin by giving you a few pointers.
1. Keep a food journal. That means write down everything you eat and drink during your day. Try not to eat a heavy dinner or eat too late.
2. Eat only until you are full (for most of us that is about eating half of the food we already consume). If you need to, just get it off your plate right away.
3.Don’t wait to eat until you’re starving. This leads to overeating.
4. Always carry a healthy snack to help you get to the next meal: handful of almonds, some fruit, or even a mini sandwich. No snack foods (chips, candy, fast food, fries, cookies, etc.).
5. Only drink water and your beloved coffee without all the other ingredients that turn it into a milkshake. This means no juices or sodas of any kind.
6. Choose your one night to have alcohol if you must, and it’s better to have wine rather than beer or sugary cocktails (mojitos and martinis with sexy names).
7. Don’t nuke it! Make your food yourself.
8. If you are feeling frisky then avoid food made of wheat (pasta, bread, and all baked goods of course). Be mindful that sugar and wheat can really impact your body weight.
9. On Sunday, eat what you want. This is not a license to go crazy — this just means that you can relax, and get that much more fired up for Monday.
The beginning is always the toughest time, but if you are serious about wanting to make a change, this is a really simple way to do that. Let’s stop talking about change and begin making it happen today.
Go get ‘em and good luck.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.