Eating a healthy, balanced diet doesn’t have to be time-consuming or costly. I am a busy graduate student and often don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen preparing meals during the week. Here is one of my go-to, weekday meal plans that is super satisfying, simple, and keeps me energized all day long.
BREAKFAST: Simple Green Smoothie
- 1 cup kale
- 1 banana
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup almond milk
Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
LUNCH: Tofu, Kale + Avocado Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread
- Dijon mustard, to taste
- a few leaves of kale
- 3 ounces of tofu
- ½ avocado
1. Dress bread with Dijon mustard, to taste.
2. Add remaining ingredients to make sandwich.
SNACK: Celery & Peanut Butter
DINNER: Kale, Carrot, Quinoa, + Avocado Salad
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ avocado, sliced (the other half from lunch)
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 drops liquid stevia
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients and mix thoroughly.
2. Add kale, quinoa, and carrots to large salad bowl.
3. Pour dressing over kale and carrots, and toss.
4. Top with avocado.
DESSERT: Banana “Nice” Cream
- 1 frozen banana
- splash of milk
- 1 teaspoon cacao (optional)
- 1-2 dates (optional)
Combine all ingredients in high-speed blender.
Photo Credit: Stocksy