Several years ago, my doctor diagnosed me with clinical depression. At the time, I hated my corporate job, felt stuck in my relationship, and assumed I was trapped by my life circumstances. I realized that part of the problem were the questions I wasn't asking myself.
I mostly focused on why this was happening to me: Why am I stuck? Why is life so hard? But I wasn't focusing on solutions, nor was I asking myself positive questions.
So instead of trying to fix myself or go about self-improvement from a place of feeling broken, I turned to self-compassion and daily meditation with journaling and positive affirmations. I started to ask myself strategic questions: Who am I? What do I want? And how can I get there?
These key questions became a pivotal part of my healing journey. Today I am living my dream life, drug, depression, and drama free. I am happy and focused on joy.
Each day I align myself with powerful questions. And by asking different questions, you'll get new results.
If you feel stuck, trapped by life's circumstances, or frustrated because things aren't happening the way you want, consider asking yourself one or all of these key questions:
1. Why am I doing this?
2. How is my fear limiting me?
3. What action can I take that will help me feel more empowered?
4. Is my boredom a lack of clarity or motivation?
5. What routine or habit is limiting me?
6. Who was I before the world told me how I should be?
7. Is how I think others see me a projection of my insecurities?
8. What do I want to be known for?
9. Am I running away from what I don't want or running to what I want?
10. Do I believe everything I think?
11. Where am I settling?
12. What message does my future self have for me?
13. If my younger self were to visit me, would she or he be proud?
14. Am I holding on to something or someone the universe is asking me to let go of?
15. Am I focusing more on how my life looks or how it feels?
To create your own list grab this FREE Love Your Life to The Fullest Guide.
Photo Credit: Stocksy