A New Take On The Breakfast Bowl: Millet Porridge
If you've been looking to try a new grain, millet is not only nutritious it has many health benefits. Millet is easily digestible, gluten-free and non-allergenic — suitable for individuals with food allergies/intolerances. Millet is also high in protein, has lots of fiber and low simple sugars.
This hearty and low glycemic easy millet recipe can be eaten for breakfast and/or a snack.
Easy Millet Cereal
- 2 ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of millet grain
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 royal gala apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Place all ingredients and lower heat to medium.
- When the water evaporates, about 20 minutes, cover and remove from the stove. Let stand for 10 minutes. Top with walnuts, apples and cinnamon
- Instead of water, substitute with milk.
- Add dried fruit such as raisins, currents, cranberries etc. to sweeten.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.