Happy St. Patrick's Day! 17 Quotes For Good Luck
Today is St. Patrick's Day, and while it may have originated as a holiday commemorating the arrival of Christianity in Ireland, it's now commonly observed as a celebration of Irish culture as a whole.
And the Irish, of course, are famed for their luck.
So today, let's celebrate the things in our lives we feel lucky to have — our health, our friends, our families, our jobs, our sanity, our selves — whatever it may be.
Here are 17 quotes to help remind us how lucky we are to be exactly where we are, right now — with or without a pot of gold:
1. "The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act." ― Barbara Scher
2. "Sometimes not getting what you want is a brilliant stroke of luck." ― Lorii Myers
3. "If my world were to cave in tomorrow, I would look back on all the pleasures, excitements and worthwhilenesses I have been lucky enough to have had. Not the sadness, not my miscarriages or my father leaving home, but the joy of everything else. It will have been enough." — Audrey Hepburn
4. "The sun doesn't just hang on one family's tree." ― Anchee Min
5. "If you view all the things that happen to you, both good and bad, as opportunities, then you operate out of a higher level of consciousness." ― Les Brown
6. "Social media has given us this idea that we should all have a posse of friends when in reality, if we have one or two really good friends, we are lucky." ― Brene Brown
7. "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." — John Irving
8. "Luck affects everything; let your hook always be cast; in the stream where you least expect it, there will be a fish." — Ovid
9. "I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." — Coleman Cox
10. "From my perspective, there's no reason to be afraid of aging, because if you age, you're lucky!" — Drew Barrymore
11. "Good luck happens when preparedness meets opportunity." ― Seneca
12. "Why do we mortals wonder if it is through 'human chaos' or through 'divine perfection' when the world guides us to some magical event? In either case, is not the result the same? Is the result not 'divine perfection?" ― Roman Payne
13. "Maybe I'm lucky to be going so slowly, because I may be going in the wrong direction." — Ashleigh Brilliantuck
14. "Luck is not as random as you think. Before that lottery ticket won the jackpot, someone had to buy it." ― Vera Nazarian
15. "If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities." — Maya Angelou
16. "The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life and one is as good as the other." — Ernest Hemingway
17. "Luck is believing you're lucky." — Tennessee Williams