4 Simple Beauty Treatments You Can Find In Your Kitchen

4 Simple Beauty Treatments You Can Find In Your Kitchen Hero Image

While there are a million products out there claiming to cure your skin woes, the best way to get soft, glowing skin is to use natural ingredients you can find in your kitchen. Whole, organic foods like honey, almond oil, bananas and strawberries are full of nutrients that nourish your skin just as they would your body. Plus, they're free of harsh, irritating chemicals.

Our skin is our biggest organ, so whatever you put onto your skin gets absorbed into your body! Therefore, stick with basic and fresh ingredients like the ones I use here. After dealing with a decade of chronic illness and learning how to detox my life from chemicals, I started creating my very own homemade beauty products. Below are four easy DIY beauty masks and scrubs to give you the smooth, radiant skin you crave!

Honey & Banana Mask For Glowing Skin

Ingredients

• 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • 1 tablespoon organic honey
  • 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed orange juice

Preparation

ADVERTISEMENT

Combine all in a small bowl and mix well. Apply to face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.

Strawberry & Sugar Body Scrub

Ingredients

• 10 fresh strawberries, finely diced
  • 1/2 cup raw sugar
  • 2 tablespoons almond oil, plus more if needed

Preparation

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, mix well to combine. Apply gently to skin in bath or shower, rinse off and pat dry.

Almond Oatmeal Moisturizing Mask

Ingredients

• 1/3 cup cooked gluten-free oatmeal
  • 1 raw organic egg
  • 2 teaspoons almond oil, plus more if needed

Preparation

Combine all in a small bowl and mix well. Apply to face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.

Silky Soft Oatmeal Hand Treatment

Ingredients

• 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
  • 1 tablespoon almond oil
  • 2 tablespoons gluten-free oat flour
  • 3 drops lavender essential oil

Preparation

Mash avocado in a small bowl. Add almond oil, oat flour and essential oil, and mix to combine. Rub on hands and let sit for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water and pat dry.

Photo Credit: Stocksy

Explore More