3 All-Natural, Nourishing Skin & Hair Treatments

3 All-Natural, Nourishing Skin & Hair Treatments Hero Image

We all know that the key to healthy-looking hair, skin and nails lies in what you feed the body, both what goes in and what goes on it. There are many foods and nutrients that are well-known for their detoxifying properties, all of which can lead to healthier, shinier, smoother looking skin and hair.

Mass manufacturers spend a fortune trying to convince you to use their products, and while they may have traces of these good-for-you ingredients, they're also usually laden with chemicals and pollutants that contribute to toxicity, free radical formation and premature aging.

So if instead of wasting money on those expensive creams and products, why not use whole foods and raw ingredients to get the same (if not better) results? Here are three of the simplest, least expensive and most effective beautifying "products" I've used to give my hair and skin an eternally youthful look.

Vitamin C Serum

Vitamin C helps produce collagen, heal minor skin conditions like sunburn and restores elasticity to skin tissue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ingredients

• 2 Tbsp. filtered water
  • 1/2 tsp. vitamin C powder (also known as vitamin C crystals)

Preparation

In a dark glass container, add the filtered water and to the vitamin C powder. Shake to combine and store in the bathroom. Use the tonic once or twice a day on clean skin.

Hair Mask For Processed, Colored Hair

This mask gives processed hair a boost of much-needed nutrients, prevents split ends and restores hair's natural softness and shine. I've been using it on my own processed hair for years!

Ingredients

• 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 ripe avocado (as ripe and dark as possible)
  • 1/2 ripe banana (as ripe and dark as possible)
  • 6-7 drops of pure Argan oil

Preparation

Mash all ingredients together and immediately massage onto the hair, starting with the scalp and working your way down to the ends. Cover with a shower cap and leave for 10 minutes before rinsing and washing your hair.

Natural Body Butter

This body butter will leave your skin feeling smooth for days! I've had strangers on the street asking me how I get my skin so smooth, and I always give them this recipe. Enjoy!

Ingredients

• 3 Tbsp. Shea butter
  • 2 Tbsp. of coconut oil
  • 1 tsp. of sweet almond oil
  • 1 tsp. of calendula oil
  • 3-4 drops of your favorite essential oil

Preparation

Boil a pot of water and remove from heat. While the water is boiling, add the Shea butter and coconut oil to a heatproof glass container and hold it over the hot water for a minutes until they're both full melted. Remove the container from the steam and add remainder of ingredients. Let the mixture cool and then transfer to a sealable container for daily or weekly use.

Photo Credit: Stocksy

Explore More