83-Year-Old Model Carmen Dell'Orefice Is Still Landing Magazine Covers

She's still got it.

At 83, Carmen Dell'Orefice is not only still modeling, she's on the cover of New You magazine — out on newsstands today — looking nothing short of fierce.

Recently, brands have been more inclined to feature women over 50 in their campaigns, in support of the idea that beauty is ageless. L'Oréal representatives include Helen Mirren, 69, Jane Fonda, 76, Julianne Moore, 53, and Diane Keaton, 68. Other companies — such as Marc Jacobs with Jessica Lange, 64, and NARS with both Charlotte Rampling, 68, and Tilda Swinton, 53 — have also followed this trend.

But no one — other than Dell'Orefice — can say she is the world's oldest working supermodel. After seven decades in the fashion industry, she's still walking the runways.

"Today I am in a territory that business considers unmarketable: age and white hair. Slowly, however, I started to own that territory little by little because I stood up for age," she told New You.

"I had a very respectable career, but I didn't have a specific look. I was a chameleon."

But like a fine wine, she only got better with age. On this cover, she can't help but stand out. Her striking, angular features, white hair, and pale skin emerge emphatically from the black background. On the newsstand, she likely steals the attention away from younger cover models we're so used to seeing.

So, how can we make sure we age as gracefully as she has?

"Be awake, aware, alive, efficient, involved and flexible both mentally and physically.

"Anyone who doesn't change is missing a lot in life because that's a control thing and once you think you know everything, you're a dead duck."

Photo Credit: Fadil Berisha for NEW YOU

Explore More