Mapping Factory Farms
Guess how many factory-farmed chickens there are for each American?
There are 4 factory-farmed chickens for every single American!
Michael Pollan recently tweeted about FactoryFarmMap.org, which has an interactive map to track factory farms, and loads of interesting and disturbing facts about factory farming in America. Here are some other facts from the site:
- The number of U.S. cows on factory-farm dairies nearly doubled to 4.9 million between 1997 and 2007.
- U.S. hog factory farms added 4,600 hogs every day between 1997 and 2007.
- U.S. factory-farm dairies added nearly 650 cows every day between 1997 and 2007.
- Between 1997 and 2007, U.S. factory farms added 5,800 broiler chickens every hour.
- U.S. industrial feedlots added nearly 1,100 beef cattle every day between 2002 and 2007.
It's definitely worth your time to check out more at FactoryFarmMap.org.
Want to learn more about four diet & lifestyle changes you can make TODAY to eliminate chronic inflammation? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Dr. Vincent Pedre.