Most of us have a love-hate relationship with new year's resolutions. Maybe the same few goals keep popping up year after year, or maybe you throw it all out the window and say screw the list. But no matter how you feel about them, setting intentions as the New Year approaches is a smart idea for a balanced life.
When your heart is your compass, you're more enthusiastic and focused.
There's a reason traditional resolutions don't stick. Things like losing weight or paying off debt are all good goals. But it can be hard to put your heart into them.
If you really want to reach new heights, consider writing your goals with more heart and intention. Focus on the feelings you want to feel in the New Year and the big picture.
Instead of writing down "lose weight" or "hit my goal weight," make a resolution to feel good in your skin and fall in love with your body. This empowers you from within, and you'll create goals with your heart. When your heart is your compass, you're more enthusiastic and focused.
If you want to feel more alive and present in your life, consider revising your New Year's resolution list. Here are 20 things to consider:
1. Release what no longer serves you.
2. Live less out of habit and focus on intent.
3. Raise your standards.
4. Look for the good in others instead of focusing on the bad.
5. Be OK with not being OK.
6. Look in the mirror and like what you see.
7. Be kind to yourself when you're learning something new.
8. Be OK with not knowing. Learn to love the journey.
9. Stop apologizing.
10. Let love guide you.
11. Stop rushing things that need time to grow.
12. Know the difference between giving up and knowing when you've had enough. Let enough be enough.
13. Travel to that place you keep thinking about. It's in your heart for a reason.
14. Trust yourself more.
15. Let go of who you think you are so you become who you want to be.
16. Be thankful for today.
17. Don't worry about how your life looks. Instead, focus on how it feels.
18. Invite your inner child out to play daily.
19. Let yourself be you.
20. Stop trying so hard to get to where you think you should be and see you are exactly where you need to be.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.