1. Lightly grease a 9-inch round, pie pan.
2. Add seeds and dates to bowl of food processor and pulse until seeds are finely ground and mixture holds together when pressed.
3. Press nut and date mixture in an even layer on bottom and up sides of the pie pan. Place crust in the refrigerator.
4. Scoop avocados into the clean bowl of food processor and add cacao, honey, vanilla and salt. Process, scraping down sides of bowl, until mixture is combined and smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Scrape chocolate mixture into crust, spreading into an even layer. Top with fresh fruit and refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Want more recipes like this? MindBodyGreen readers can download a free copy of my Allergy-Friendly Holiday Cookbook.
Photo courtesy of the author