Raw Chocolate Cream Pie
This simple recipe can be made the day before your party or dinner and leaves the oven free for other dishes. It's all the enjoyment of chocolate cream pie without the gluten, dairy or hassle of cooking.
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons raw honey (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- fresh berries or other fruit for garnish
1. Lightly grease a 9-inch round, pie pan.
2. Add seeds and dates to bowl of food processor and pulse until seeds are finely ground and mixture holds together when pressed.
3. Press nut and date mixture in an even layer on bottom and up sides of the pie pan. Place crust in the refrigerator.
4. Scoop avocados into the clean bowl of food processor and add cacao, honey, vanilla and salt. Process, scraping down sides of bowl, until mixture is combined and smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Scrape chocolate mixture into crust, spreading into an even layer. Top with fresh fruit and refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Want more recipes like this? MindBodyGreen readers can download a free copy of my Allergy-Friendly Holiday Cookbook.
Photo courtesy of the author
And do you want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.