7 Ways To Stay Healthy, Even With A Hectic Schedule

7 Ways To Stay Healthy, Even With A Hectic Schedule Hero Image

Life happens, and you're busy; I get it! It can seem hard to find two free minutes to unwind, let alone time to prepare a healthy meal and get a workout in. Moments of self-reflection and relaxation are important, but can be unrealistic for some.

I don't want your hectic schedule to undermine your health, and I know you don't either. Below are seven simple ways you can enhance your health without consuming much of your time.

1. Fall in love with fruit bowls.

How often do you buy fruit and end up throwing it out because it goes bad? Having a fruit bowl on the table isn't just good for aesthetics. By making the fruit you purchased easily accessible, you're much more likely to grab a piece! This will minimize waste and encourage you to reach for a healthier snack! Choosing from your fruit bowl saves time and will improve your health.

2. Start freezing ripe bananas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Leading a healthy lifestyle doesn't mean you have to go without ice cream! When you see bananas going ripe, peel them, bag them and toss them in the freezer. Then, whenever an ice cream craving comes about, blend the frozen bananas with coconut milk and satisfy your cravings in a healthy way! By freezing the bananas beforehand you'll help maximize time during preparation!

3. Keep a jug of water handy.

You may know the importance of drinking water, but are you really drinking enough? Getting more water in may be as simple as purchasing a glass water jug, filling it with water and leaving it out on your counter!. Just like with the bowl of fruit, leaving your water out will remind you to drink adequate amounts throughout the day.

For an extra bonus try adding lemon to your water! Lemon is highly alkalizing and detoxifying, and it makes the water taste great!

4. Get electronics out of your bedroom.

By keeping your electronics in the bedroom, you may be keeping your body from getting a good night's sleep. Weight gain, irritability, digestive upset and poor focus are just a handful of the effects associated with too little sleep. Try shutting your devices off 30 minutes before bed and charging it in a separate room. By doing so, you'll help yourself achieve a higher level of health without thinking too much about it.

5. Look into probiotics.

A balance of good and bad bacteria is essential for maintaining good health. However, an increase in bad bacteria can result in unfavorable symptoms such as gas, bloating, constipation and weight gain. By regularly taking probiotics, you can help restore balance in your digestive track and work towards your wellness goals without putting much thought into it.

6. Opt for a natural personal care routine.

On the days I don't eat the best, I always remember the huge favor I'm doing myself by using personal care items free of harmful toxins. There are chemicals lurking in toothpaste, makeup, shampoo, perfume and many other products we regularly use. By removing these products from your daily life, you help contribute to a healthy you without spending large chunks of time!

7. Try out high-intensity interval training.

You don't need to go to the gym for two-hour sessions five days a week to reach your fitness goals. High-intensity interval training can boost your fitness levels without taking up much time at all. This is perfect for those who don't have a lot of time to hit the gym but still want to see progress.

What are some of your favorite ways to stay healthy when you feel like your schedule is out of control?

Photo Credit: Shutterstock

Explore More