Ditch These 20 Ideas To Be More Confident
If you're struggling to lose weight, get healthier or accept your body, learning to love your body exactly as it is right now is the place to start. To do this, you have to be willing to let go of the ideas, thoughts and beliefs that are holding you back.
But how can we focus on what we need to do in the now to achieve our goals when we're focused on old baggage? What we give the most attention to will eventually become our reality. Learning to shift your focus to reflect what type of person you want to grow into is key. But before you do that, you've got to be willing to let the old stuff go.
Here are 20 ideas to forgetso you can start loving your body today (and eventually start seeing massive change):
1. Forget the idea that you need to be perfect. No one is perfect.
2. Forget the idea that you don't deserve to be happy. You can create your own happiness.
3. Forget the idea that you're not good enough. That is nothing but your fear talking.
4. Forget the idea that the number on the scale determines your worth. If you ask your friends and family why they love you, I doubt they'd say because of your weight.
5. Forget the idea that you're not capable of change. You are.
6. Forget the idea that everyone is judging your body. That's only an assumption — focus on you.
7. Forget the idea that you're not attractive enough. You are beautiful.
8. Forget the idea that deprivation is good. Instead, tune-in and honor your hunger and fullness.
9. Forget the idea that you can't do "this" until you weigh "that." Whatever "that" is, go out and do it now so it's not keeping you stuck.
10. Forget the idea that you have no control over food and replace it with the belief that you're ready and capable to begin your journey now.
11. Forget the idea that you'll only be happy when you weigh "this" much and start focusing on how you can be happy now.
12. Forget the idea that you're not deserving of love as you are right now. You are.
13. Forget the idea that small steps forward aren't good enough and remember that all steps, even the small ones, are good steps. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
14. Forget the idea that you're the only one who feels this way because I can guarantee you that you're not.
15. Forget your "black and white" frame of mind. Your world is full of many colors. Choose to see the good.
16. Forget beating yourself up and decide to see yourself through a lens of compassion.
17. Forget not being where you think you should be and focus on what you need to do in the present moment to live how you want feel.
18. Forget constantly comparing yourself to others. Nothing good ever comes of that. Focus on your wellness.
19. Forget the idea that you're a self-sabotager and start seeing yourself in a new light, telling a new story.
20. Forget idea that you're stuck. You can move forward at any moment.
What will you let go of?
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.