15-Minute Meal: Pomegranate Quinoa Salad
This 15-minute meal is the perfect way to incorporate seasonal produce and keep you feeling light and energized. It even doubles as a great side to any festive feast!
Pomegranate Quinoa Salad
Serves 2-3 as a main dish or 6 as a side dish
- 1 cup sprouted quinoa
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Optional: light herbed feta
- Salt + pepper to taste
1. Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa to a pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Let simmer until all water is evaporated.
2. Chop cucumber, red pepper, red onion and add to bowl. Chop spinach and add along with pomegranate arils.
3. Once quinoa is finished and cooled, add to bowl and mix thoroughly. Top with squeezed lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate if desired. Once ready to serve add diced avocado on top.
Photo courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.