A Salad To Naturally Curb Your Sugar Cravings
A great way to build up a natural defense against the temptation to consume sugar is to fill your diet with naturally sweet plant-based dishes such as this one. By feeding your body a bit of good-for-you sweetness here and there, you won't be as vulnerable to the allure of junk food. Plus, foods such as squash are so energizing and nourishing that after awhile you'll feel so good that you won't want to compromise it by putting artificial, manufactured treats into your healthy, happy body!
Caramelized Delicata Squash + Toasted Coconut Salad
For the salad
- 2 Delicata squash
- 4 large handfuls of arugula
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup of raw coconut
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of pure maple syrup
- sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Wash and dry squash. Slice it down the middle lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Cut into thin slices and toss with the maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and sea salt. Spread over a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 1/2 hour or until they've slightly caramelized on the surface.
3. Toast coconut in a dry skillet over low heat until it turns a golden brown color.
3. Toss arugula with a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil, and sea salt to taste. On a large serving platter, plate the squash over the arugula. Toss with the pomegranate seeds and the toasted coconut.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.