A Pumpkin-Apple Smoothie To Spice Up Your Morning
We usually associate delicious fall ingredients like pumpkins, cinnamon or nutmeg with pies and other not-so-healthy desserts that are enjoyed post-Thanksgiving dinner. But why not enjoy dessert for breakfast and even better, keep it healthy and easy? Below is a simple smoothie that is packed with nutrients and definitely satisfies any sweet tooth.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1/4 cup 100% pure pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 cup diced apple with skin on (approximately 1 large apple)
- 1/2 small frozen banana
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon raw peanut or almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and process until smooth.
Photo courtesy of the author
And do you want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.