A Pumpkin-Apple Smoothie To Spice Up Your Morning
We usually associate delicious fall ingredients like pumpkins, cinnamon or nutmeg with pies and other not-so-healthy desserts that are enjoyed post-Thanksgiving dinner. But why not enjoy dessert for breakfast and even better, keep it healthy and easy? Below is a simple smoothie that is packed with nutrients and definitely satisfies any sweet tooth.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1/4 cup 100% pure pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 cup diced apple with skin on (approximately 1 large apple)
- 1/2 small frozen banana
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon raw peanut or almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and process until smooth.
Photo courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.