A Pumpkin-Apple Smoothie To Spice Up Your Morning
We usually associate delicious fall ingredients like pumpkins, cinnamon or nutmeg with pies and other not-so-healthy desserts that are enjoyed post-Thanksgiving dinner. But why not enjoy dessert for breakfast and even better, keep it healthy and easy? Below is a simple smoothie that is packed with nutrients and definitely satisfies any sweet tooth.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1/4 cup 100% pure pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 cup diced apple with skin on (approximately 1 large apple)
- 1/2 small frozen banana
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon raw peanut or almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and process until smooth.
Photo courtesy of the author
And do you want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join live July office hours.