Get Strong, Sexy Legs With This Workout
There are two secrets to looking toned and fierce in skinny jeans:
- Burning fat to slim down and tone your body.
- Working your butt and legs to get curves in all the right places.
By doing high intensity exercises between toning moves, you'll sculpt your legs while burning fat and toning your entire body. Try not to rest between exercises, and see if you can complete the entire circuit twice in around 20 minutes. Aim to do this workout twice a week and you'll be rocking those skinny jeans all winter long.
Remember: You can do it anywhere, so not even bad weather can keep you from looking your best.
- While standing, hold your hands out in front of you, level with your shoulders.
- Run in place, lifting your knees high enough to lightly touch your hands as they come up.
- Touch each hand 15 times.
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart and squat until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- As you press through your feet to come back to the starting position, raise one leg as high as you can to your side in a controlled kick.
- Return your leg to the ground and repeat the whole movement on the other side.
- Squat and kick 15 times on each side.
- Place your hands on a bench or step and get into a push up position with your feet on the floor.
- Bending your leg, quickly bring one knee up to your chest.
- Return that foot to the floor and repeat on the other side. Move from one leg to the other quickly, as if you're climbing.
- Bring each knee to your chest 30 times.
Single Leg Circles
- Standing, life one leg about 12 inches off the floor.
- Begin "drawing" circles in the air with your raised foot. 10 clockwise and then 10 counter clockwise.
- Switch legs and repeat.
- Stand with legs shoulder-width apart and squat until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Pushing through both of your feet, spring up into the air as high as possible and land in a squat position.
- Repeat ten times.
- Stand with one foot in front of you and one behind.
- Bend both knees and squat down until your front thigh and your back shin are parallel to the floor.
- Push back up to the starting position.
- Repeat 10 times on each side.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.