Our friend, and one of the coolest yogis on the planet, Tara Stiles, lends us a recipe from her long-awaited cookbook, Make Your Own Rules Diet.
Energy Bowl (Dark Bowl With Good Stuff Inside)
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 handful spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole cashews
- 1 cup of mung beans, cooked
- juice of 1 lime
1. Sauté onion in olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the celery, mushrooms, and pepper, and continue to stir for 5 more minutes. Add the spinach and cashews and stir for 5 more minutes. Add the mung beans and stir for 2 more minutes
2. Remove from the heat, transfer to servings bowls, and drizzle with the lime juice.
Special offer for MIndBodyGreen readers: Pre-order Make Your Own Rules Diet and Tara will send you Wake Up and Wind Down Yoga videos right to your inbox! Reply MindBodyGreen in your email. Details here.