Energy Bowl With Mung Beans (And Other Good Stuff)
Our friend, and one of the coolest yogis on the planet, Tara Stiles, lends us a recipe from her long-awaited cookbook, Make Your Own Rules Diet.
Energy Bowl (Dark Bowl With Good Stuff Inside)
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 handful spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole cashews
- 1 cup of mung beans, cooked
- juice of 1 lime
1. Sauté onion in olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the celery, mushrooms, and pepper, and continue to stir for 5 more minutes. Add the spinach and cashews and stir for 5 more minutes. Add the mung beans and stir for 2 more minutes
2. Remove from the heat, transfer to servings bowls, and drizzle with the lime juice.
Special offer for MIndBodyGreen readers: Pre-order Make Your Own Rules Diet and Tara will send you Wake Up and Wind Down Yoga videos right to your inbox! Reply MindBodyGreen in your email. Details here.
And do you want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.