Vegan Snickerdoodles That Taste Like The Real Deal
Our friend, and one of the coolest yogis on the planet, Tara Stiles, lends us a recipe from her long-awaited cookbook, Make Your Own Rules Diet.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick (4 ounces) non-dairy butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Whisk together flour, cornstarch, and baking powder in a bowl.
3. Use a hand mixer to beat the nondairy butter and 3/4 cup of the sugar until smooth in a separate bowl. Add the almond milk and vanilla extract and beat again until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
4. Roll the dough into small even balls.
5. Mix together the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
6. Place the covered balls on a baking sheet, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, place on cooling rack, and let cool.
Special offer for MIndBodyGreen readers: Pre-order Make Your Own Rules Diet and Tara will send you Wake Up and Wind Down Yoga videos right to your inbox! Reply MindBodyGreen in your email. Details here.
And do you want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.