Our friend, and one of the coolest yogis on the planet, Tara Stiles, lends us a recipe from her long-awaited cookbook, Make Your Own Rules Diet.
Sweet Potato Mash
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons non-dairy buttery spread
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
1. Boil the sweet potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Strain the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl.
3. Mash the potatoes with a fork.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
Special offer for MIndBodyGreen readers: Pre-order Make Your Own Rules Diet and Tara will send you Wake Up and Wind Down Yoga videos right to your inbox! Reply MindBodyGreen in your email. Details here.