A Vegan Alternative To Sweet Potato Mash
Our friend, and one of the coolest yogis on the planet, Tara Stiles, lends us a recipe from her long-awaited cookbook, Make Your Own Rules Diet.
Sweet Potato Mash
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons non-dairy buttery spread
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
1. Boil the sweet potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Strain the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl.
3. Mash the potatoes with a fork.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
Special offer for MIndBodyGreen readers: Pre-order Make Your Own Rules Diet and Tara will send you Wake Up and Wind Down Yoga videos right to your inbox! Reply MindBodyGreen in your email. Details here.
And do you want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.