Our friend, and one of the coolest yogis on the planet, Tara Stiles, lends us a recipe from her long-awaited cookbook, Make Your Own Rules Diet.
Sweet Potato Mash
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons non-dairy buttery spread
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
1. Boil the sweet potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Strain the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl.
3. Mash the potatoes with a fork.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
Special offer for MIndBodyGreen readers: Pre-order Make Your Own Rules Diet and Tara will send you Wake Up and Wind Down Yoga videos right to your inbox! Reply MindBodyGreen in your email. Details here.
And do you want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.