Switch Up Your Running Routine With This Stair Workout (Video)
Are you looking for a way to get in a great workout without hitting the gym? Do you wonder how you can change up your regular running or walking routine?
I've put together a simple but challenging workout and you don't need anything but a set of stairs! You'll get your heart pumping, boost endurance and torch calories.
Here's the breakdown of what's in the video below:
- Warm up by walking/lightly jogging up and down stairs for 3-5 rounds.
- Jog up and jog down, 3-5 rounds.
- Skip a step up, jog down 3-5 rounds
- Side step up, skipping a step, jog down 3-5 rounds.
- REPEAT other side.
- Take a break and do 10-15 push-ups or just catch your breath.
- Repeat the above sequence one or two more times.
- Remember to stay hydrated, take breaks when you need to and always listen to your body.
Now get to stepping!